open office hours
- Only wood and wood products in the woodshop!
- Some tools may have specific material limitations (i.e. no MDF/sheet goods in jointer/planer). If you’re uncertain about this, ask a steward.
- No pressure treated lumber — there’s nasty stuff inside that we would prefer not to breath! Feel free to cut pressure treated products outside, however.
- No epoxy or resin products. A little bit of epoxy to fill a couple of ***small*** cracks is alright, but please — no river tables or anything for which the application of epoxy could be described as a “resin pour”.
- “Green” wood that’s fallen from a tree in your/your neighbor’s yard may have have nails/pieces of metal in it, as well as sufficient water content to trigger our tablesaws’ safety mechanism. We have a metal detector and a moisture meter in a cabinet next to the tablesaw to ensure the wood will neither trip the tablesaw brake nor shatter the blade with hidden metal fragments.
- No gloves
- No loose clothing or jewelry
- Close-toed shoes