Located in Reston, VA, just outside Washington, DC, Nova Labs is a membership- driven, all-volunteer makerspace, founded in 2011 with the purpose of empowering our community to “Rediscover the Joy of Making Things”.
Our current 10,500 sq. ft. facility houses classrooms, workspace, incubator offices, and a shop that includes both common tools and advanced fabrication equipment. Members enjoy 24/7 access and help co-manage our space by teaching classes, maintaining equipment, and promoting making in the community.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, supporting a wide range of open-source development projects that benefit both the local community and the world.
Nova Labs is searching for new members for its Board of Directors. The new members will complement the skills, experiences, and competencies of existing Board members and provide additional skills needed based on Nova Labs 5-year plan. Within the 5-year plan, is the intention of relocation by either leasing or buying a commercial space.
Nova Labs is seeking a seasoned treasurer with experience working for a nonprofit organization. The treasurer position is a designated one-year term. Candidate will be responsible for the oversight and execution of budget formulation, financial reporting, and liaison with third-party auditor. Please note: all Nova Labs board positions are volunteer.
The estimated time commitment is 20 hours per month.Mandatory Skills:
- Bookkeeping experience for a non-profit organization.
- Basic knowledge of cash-based GAAP accounting.
- Experience reading balance sheets and profit and loss statements.
- Experience with Quickbooks.
- Develop and enforce strong internal controls and financial management policies.
- Ensure accurate and complete financial reporting and proper maintenance of financial records and information/tax returns.
- Regularly assess risks and whether and how such risks should be mitigated
- Maintain a calendar of filing requirements and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting.
- Five (5) years’ experience in accounting and finance for a non-profit organization.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Nova Labs Board!
Please select the position that interests you, and upload your resume file below.