Located in Reston, VA, just outside Washington, DC, Nova Labs is a membership- driven, all-volunteer makerspace, founded in 2011 with the purpose of empowering our community to “Rediscover the Joy of Making Things”.
Our current 10,500 sq. ft. facility houses classrooms, workspace, incubator offices, and a shop that includes both common tools and advanced fabrication equipment. Members enjoy 24/7 access and help co-manage our space by teaching classes, maintaining equipment, and promoting making in the community.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, supporting a wide range of open-source development projects that benefit both the local community and the world.
Nova Labs is searching for new members for its Board of Directors. The new members will complement the skills, experiences, and competencies of existing Board members and provide additional skills needed based on Nova Labs 5-year plan. Within the 5-year plan, is the intention of relocation by either leasing or buying a commercial space.
Nova Labs is seeking an experienced facility manager. Candidate will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and telecommunication systems to ensure optimal operating results while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. The successful candidate will heavily participant in Nova Labs’ move to another location. Please note: all Nova Labs board positions are volunteer.Mandatory Skills
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position.
- Ability to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and telecommunication systems schematics. Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and telecommunication systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Impeccable verbal and written communication skills. Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize equipment space allocation while reducing operating costs.
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices.
- Coordinate system repairs and monitor system performance with the current location.
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary.
- Execute equipment audits and record-taking policies.
- Serve as a focal point for new facility selection in terms of facility management and space allocation optimization.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Facility Management or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in facilities management position.
- Certified Facility Manager Accreditation is a preferred.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Nova Labs Board!
Please select the position that interests you, and upload your resume file below.