Ed. Note: Blog post contributed by [E.S. Dempsey]. Nova Labs Machine Learning instructor. Sharon was inspired to write this after reading the recent Marvo the Magnificent post.
Sharon made a 5 minute compilation of youtube video excerpts of robots that respond to and recognize human speech.
Dr Cynthia Breazeal of MIT’s Personal Robotics Group talks about training a robot to watch facial expressions of humans to gauge response. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilmDN2e_Flc
Published on Jan 22, 2015
SHE’S THE WHOLE PACKAGE: a personal assistant, photographer, storyteller, telepresence device & the smartest home automation system SHE CAN SEE.- She sees the world the same way we human do. Facial recognition
3D depth camera
Deep learning algorithms. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iIuWkvGHsc
Hanson Robotics: http://www.hansonrobotics.com/robot/jules/
Science fiction has predicted the androids for many years and scientists are working hard to create artificial humans for decades. See some of the most realistic and bizarre machines with oddly human characteristics.
1. Robotic baby looks realistic.
2. Robot boy,created in Dubai.
3. Robotic head with features very realistic
4. Real Humanoid Female Robot, created in Japan
5. The scary girl robot that appears to be in extreme agony was created for a movie.
6. Alice, created in Switzerland several mimics human facial expressions.
7. Jules, a chatty robot created by David Hanson.
8. Big baby robot that “learns ” facial expressions, speech and movements with their experiences and humans.
9. Albert Einstein Humanoid Robot
Video Edited by Gil Carosio
Music by Kraftwerk( Computer love, The Robots )
Nova Labs is offering Summer Camps for Teen Makers and Youth Robotics!