VIENNA, VA — Nova Labs’ popular Arduino 101 class traveled to Capital One Labs’ office at 8020 Towers Crescent Dr in Vienna, VA last night. In addition to hosting the class, Capital One Labs provided free Arduinos for attendees!
The goal of the class, which is led by Nova Labs Director Jim Sweeney, is to provide students with the Arduino, a prototyping kit, and the instruction needed to make a dozen or more starter projects using Arduino after the class. Sweeney’s irreverent and self-deprecating humor kept students laughing while they worked to get their LEDs blinking!
Some of the questions the class answers include:
1. What is Arduino? How did it get started? Who invented it? Why?
2. What are some of the interesting things that people are already doing with Arduino?
3. Which Arduino is right for me? How can I tell? Where can I get one?
4. How do I get started with sample projects?
5. Is there a good tutorial that I can follow?
6. What’s the first project I can do?
At the first class, each student wires up blinking lights on a prototyping board and runs the software on an Arduino to make the lights blink! To sign up for the next Arduino class join Nova Labs’ Meetup Group.